What's new in Joomla 3.7.0
- Warning message in the control panel if the version of PHP in use is obsolete.
- Create a new article (or news feed or contact or category) directly from the creation of the menu item
- Languages created automatically when new languages are installed.
- Displays the detail of the global options in the options lists so you can immediately understand what is the global value currently assigned to each parameter.
- Lightly revised and modernized control panel graphics (Flat design).
- New keys for TinyMCE to put the link to a menu item or contact.
- New date selection, multilingual and responsive, and suitable for mobile use.
- Current upload upload value visible when loading a new extension.
- Restyling the media manager and adding the selector to select everything.
- New management to create new administrative menus.
- New parameters for the Newsflash module to hide / show the introductory text and to hide / show the articles in evidence.
- New global configuration parameter to indicate mail for system mail responses.
- The list of menu items now shows those that are "hidden".
- New parameter in Global Configuration in the "System" TAB to enable sharing session between site and administrator side
- New user permissions report, accessible in user management.
- New area in installation management extensions for dragging support of the compressed file to install.
Some aspects are no longer supported
- There are definitely too many problems with the integration of the "New Router" (present up to beta versions of Joomla 3.7.0) and it was decided not to include it in Joomla 3.7 (or rather hide the parameters to enable it). The Joomla team will return to try to insert it in 3.8. However, the developer has already made an external plugin available: Joomlager Router
- Joomla 3.7.0 has also been added an installation post message, visible only with the Hathor administrative template set as default. The message says that this old template is no longer supported and you should use the Isis default administrative template. Many of the new features included in Joomla 3.7.0 are not properly available from the Hathor template interface and the team does not have enough human resources to devote to keeping this template up to date.
Upgrading to 3.7 does not require special configuration-level intervention, it must be done automatically by pressing a key from the control panel from the "Joomla Update" component (it's always advisable to first make a backup) extensions and template should continue To work properly.
If your existing template includes overrides of Joomla core (components, forms, etc.), make sure these override is updated to version 3.7 otherwise there is a risk that you will not be able to properly view the new features and fixes on the site In Joomla 3.7.0.
Link Italian: https://www.joomla.org/3/it/
English link: https://www.joomla.org/3/
Team Sara Web